Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I've never been this ahead of the game before. Usually I don't start acknowledging the Christmas season until mid-December. This year I got my stuff together early, and now our tree is cut and decorated, our gingerbread is baked and decorated, and our shopping is done. It's nice to not be hurried up until the night before.

I find that trees are always better at night with the lights on, but my camera seems to only like it in the daylight hours.This year's house turned out to be a little more than I expected, but it was fun. It was harder and at the same time easier to assemble than last years graham crackers. Again, the boys loved every step; baking the gingerbread, picking out the candy, and of course decorating/eating.



We weren't on top of everything this year. Again we missed the boat on Christmas cards. I have an utmost respect for those families who can get everyone to look decent at the same moment for the camera. I know I could send out a card without a picture, but who wants that? So Merry Christmas to all.

5 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Way cute gingerbread house!! I usually buy the kits, but this year I think I'm going to take the plunge and bake my own...we'll see. If no pictures show up-you'll know it wasn't a success!! Your boys are so darling...it's going to be the BEST Christmas ever!!

Jill said...

So I need your gingerbread recipe because I always buy the $10 kit at Sams club.
That turned out so so cute and I LOVE them on your tree too.

Hey, do I have your address? Cards going out later this week...

Andrea said...

It is mathematically impossible to get everyone to look decent in a picture when you have 2 or more kids. It's a fact. That's why our Christmas cards are always ugly (and usually only include the children - no us), or we don't send one at all.

Looks like your Christmas is shaping up into quite a cozy one! Aren't you just little miss queen of homemaking, what with REAL gingerbread and all. I must admit that I have never tried it. I make gingerbread, as in the cake that you eat with fresh cream, but that's it. We do graham houses. I'm glad someone is on top of Christmas this year!

Jill said...

Man, you are awesome! Gingerbread house decorating with the kids. I wish I was like that. I can just see the scene with my two kids and I doubt it would go well. My son would smash the middle of the roof with his fist and the whole thing would be over. My daughter would be screaming and crying. I don't think it would turn out as pleasant as your cute house did! It is adorable.

We didn't get to do pictures this year either. We might pick out one of just the kids. That's all anyone wants to see anyway, right?!

Your tree is cute, too. Your boys are sure growing up!

s g said...

wow, the house looks great and the tree. we did a gingerbread house last night and lewis kept yelling at char for eating all the candy, it was hilarious.

ditto...cards with no pictures...lame, maybe next year you can get one out!