Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Big 4!

Hunter turned four last week; an event he has been waiting for and planning since December of last year. I promise he hadn't been three for a day when he started talking about when he would turn 4. This year he got to have his first friends party, and that too he has been planning for over a year. Since Disney's Cars is still his favorite movie (and the only movie he's not scared of), Hunter had a Cars Party. It was a great day- Hunter says it was a "Super-Dee-Duper Fun Party". No, those are not eggs on the cupcakes, they're tires. Or at least they were supposed to be tires. Hunter didn't blow out the candles, he blew off the cupcake! Luckily, Jordan picked it up really quick and nothing caught on fire.Hunter after eating his whole cupcake. None of the other kids managed to eat a whole one. (I made them from scratch, and those cupcakes were solid! Even though is was a seriously yummy little cake, it was just that- a mini cake.) Hunter is in love with his remote control dump truck. Every morning he sneaks into our room and tells me we just have to go downstairs because he's hungry. But then as soon as we get downstairs, all he wants to do is drive his truck. Hunter knows I'll jump and run if I think he needs food; he's a crafty little 4 year old!
Hunter and I made him a real cake on his actual birthday. Daddy also took Hunter out to breakfast and Hunter got to see Santa at Pre-school on his big day too. It was a busy day, but worth it, because Hunter loves being 4!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh how fun! Such a cute cake, too. I made one really similar for Mason's 2nd birthday with chocolate pudding and Mater was pulling Lightning McQueen out of the mud. I can't believe how fast they grow up. Too fast.. and they figure out how to push our buttons really quick, too. It is impressive. What a fun truck. I'll bet it just zooms around the house all day. Boys and their toys, huh!?

Andrea said...

Mmmm...I could use one of those cupcakes!

Your comment on my blog had me bustin' a gut. I don't do coupon books (anymore) because I have kids that read now, but THAT is always the gift that keeps on giving (and the only thing I can think of to give that doesn't irritate my husband).

BTW, there's no such thing as TMI, as far as I'm concerned.

Chuckle. Chuckle.