Friday, November 14, 2008

The Family

I don't usually watch regular t.v. (save for my favorite addictions). I prefer to stick with The Food Network. Now I know why. I like Barbra Walters; I like a good interview, but tonight I feel a little ill about what I spent an hour of my time watching. In a moment of channel surfing, I stumbled upon tonight's Special Report- something about a pregnant man. I'd never even heard of this craziness and now the baby is 4 months old. As flabbergasted as I was at the idea of this outta control story, I could not stop watching. And over and over again as the idea of what makes a family was contested, I could not stop reciting "The Family A Proclamation to the World". Where has common sense gone? My boys are at a stage where they fear being laughed at by other kids. I'll tell you what, nothing in their little lives will ever cause them to be mocked like the unfortunate children of these selfish people. I just don't get it and I guess that's a good thing.

5 comments:

Jill said...

This couple was on Oprah before they had their first baby. I, too, was just sick. Physically sick. The proclamation is such an important part of our gospel now in these times. I agree, it is selfish to bring children into that family. And, no we shouldn't get it. I believe in tolerance. They do have agency. But they have taken that agency and messed with God's plan. And now it is the children -who did not get a say- who will suffer because of it. Imagine the confusion when they get older. It is sick. Very, very sick.

Andrea said...

I only saw the end credits and a title something like, "Male or Female: blurring the lines." That alone made me feel so sad for what our future holds. I can't imagine how mocked God feels when His children choose to deny and even mutilate the beautiful bodies He created for them. My sisters and I were just discussing this (mostly sex changing) on Thursday, and I know it doesn't sound very charitable, but one sister said, "I hope when they're resurrected God makes them a dog or something...kind of like, 'if you can't decide what sex you are, you get to be a dog!'." I found it humorous. But really, it is so sad.

LizzyP said...

Have you followed the Prop 8 battle in California? That's where I'm from and my family has been really involved in it. Scary times we're livin' in.

Jessica B Photography said...

Wow, I did not know about this. I will have to look it up!

Jessica B Photography said...

ok, so I looked it up, and I don't think it's fair to call HER a pregnant man. She's still got her stuff, she's a girl.