Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Thank Heavens for Grandparents! (Kind of three posts in one)

My parents flew out for some quality grandkid time a couple of weeks ago; never ones to let an opportunity pass, Jordan and I went to New York City for the weekend. I know we are spoiled, but we're greatful spoiled. My boys loved having grandma and grandpa at their beck and call. We probably wore them out more than they bargined for, but at least they weren't bored! The boys with Grandma and Grandpa at the Palmyra Temple- Check out Hunter's cool hat! (I'm not sure if you can see Hunter's face in this picture, but he looks completely disgusted- I'm sure it's because of his hat!)
The barn at the Joseph Smith Farm- My boys were very concerned that there were no animals. The Sacred Grove, however, proved to hold plenty of animals for the boys. Their favorite was all the dragon flies.
"A Perfect Day for Dragon Flies"
Niagara Falls- Any questions as to where Hunter learned to wear his hat?
I'm not sure what Hunter is doing in this picture, but my mom was agast.

Feeding ducks along the Erie Canal


A Weekend in The City
Jordan and I left the boys with my parents for the weekend while we took a little trip into New York City. It was a great little get-away. We're very thankful for my parent's willingness to stay with the boys. Here are a few highlight pictures.



A view from the top of Rockefeller Center- Central Park is huge!The Tony Awards were held just a couple of blocks from our hotel- I almost got on The Red Carpet!We got dumped on! Three inches of rain in one day. Jordan bought an umbrella from a street vendor, but one umbrella would not be enough. Lucky? for us we had a China Town Dollar Store umbrella (it turned inside out seconds after we took my picture in front of the Empire State Building). It was an awesome rain shower. We hiked about 10 blocks through rivers to reach Serendipity; Frozzzen Hot Chocolate is Yummy!We loved Central Park. It is unbelievable that a park like that exists in the middle of such a large city. Very beautiful.

It has been great to travel so much again. We're not going anywhere for a while now- at least for a few weeks. Thanks again to all our friends and family that have helped make it possible.

8 comments:

Amberly said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I love reading about your fun vacations and I feel very inspired to get out of town and go DO something! I almost talked Beau into taking us to Philly after reading your last post, but I think I'll enjoy it more next summer after having this baby and losing most of these extra 30 lbs. :-)

Heather Jewell said...

So much fun! I can never decide if I am inspired and excited after reading your blog or just jealous. Thanks for letting me lead an exciting life through your blog!

Andrea said...

Sheesh! You have had quite the extravagant, kid-free life lately! What fun!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

You guys really are "party animals"! How fun! I still think you need to make a trip to AZ to visit...but bring the kids-we would love it!

Staley Family said...

Hi ya Ka,
This is Tricia (old roommate). I hope you don't mind that I found your blog on Delanie's site. I saw your name on her friends list and wondered if it was the same person, so I checked and it was. Looks like you have been having some great adventures. Your family looks beautiful. I am so happy for you. Take it easy. I will check your site periodically if you don't mind.

Katie Lee said...

I miss you girl! Let us know when you will be in town to visit.... I'm almost a Mom!!!! Craziness, I feel so young to be having a baby, but I'm super excited. We love and miss you!

Jessica B Photography said...

You seriously go on more vacations than anyone I know...

blogs = living vicariously through others

Love it!

Jill said...

Okay, I always tell you this, but I live vicariously through your travels! You live in such an amazing place to be so close to such amazing places. And how great to have babysitters flown in! :) Glad you're having so much fun!