Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cruise Vacation

We have had an amazing summer so far, and summer hasn't even officially begun yet! The first part of May we were fortunate enough to have Jordan's nephew Nick and his wife Kelsey put their lives on hold and come stay with our boys. We know Nick is really a cousin to my boys, but they have always called him "Uncle Nick", and I think it's cute. We went to Niagara Falls; the boys love "The Big Wafferfall" (that's what Henry calls it). Then Jordan and I were off for a 7 night Western Carribean Cruise while Nick and Kelsey geared up for a week they'd never forget!

Niagara Falls with Uncle Nick and Aunt Kelsey

It was a perfect vacation that I miss every day. We sailed on the Freedom of the Seas (Royal Carribean) to Hati, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. I seriously cannot imagine a more relaxing vacation; we ate, slept, read, and just hung out whenever we wanted- 24 hours a day. Jordan and I started working out in January just to compensate for all the food we knew we'd eat. In one week's time, we nearly gained back what it took us almost four months to lose. It was worth it though and I'd not take back a single ice cream cone, triple chocolate cookie, fine dining meal, or late night sushi feast.

A view from the 13th deck aboard The Freedom of the Seas
The beach at Lebadee, Hati

Dunn River Falls, Ocho Rios, Jamaica

The sun was a little too intense for Jordan, so he did his pool side reading in the shade.

We ate a lot of great food at this table- I think besides the main entree, I ordered two appetizers and two desserts every night!

We're very thankful to Uncle Nick and Aunt Kelsey for taking care of our boys so we could take this vacation! We're already dreaming of our next cruise- in about 10 years!

15 comments:

Jenny and Blake said...

That sounds SOOO great! You must have felt so relaxed coming home.

Andrea said...

I have been trying to plan a great vacation for our 10th anniversary (this August), but have failed at every turn. I have thought long and hard about a cruise, but don't know anything about them. Did you have to have a passport? That has been what's stopping me, because there's not time to get passports, but I don't want to go on a cheesy cruise, so if we can't go somewhere cool, what's the point? We'll probably end up going to SLC or Jackson Hole, because I haven't made plans soon enough - story of my life. Oh well. Looks like you had a blast! I'm jealous.

Jonathan & Rachel said...

OH wow!! What an amazing vacation-you two totally deserve it!! You look way fab by the way!

Haley said...

Love the pictures! I'm so jealous!

Chrystal said...

Hey Highams,
Your cruise looks amazing! We are looking at going on one this fall just a short one but I am sooo excited to get away with Dave and not have any kids nagging at me. What you described sounds like heaven. Anyway we are heading to Idaho in a couple of weeks for a visit. I was wondering if you all were making it there this summer on the off chance that we would be there at the same time.
Chrystal

Amberly said...

Love the pictures! Looks like you two had SO much fun!

derrickandlisadye said...

It looks like you guys really enjoyed yourselves. What a great vacation. We want to go on another cruise. They are so much fun and the food well we gained about 10 pounds in a week. It was worth it though. I'm glad you guys are doing so well. Take care!!!

The French Family said...

The cruise looks amazing! We've got one planned for September and seeing your pictures gets me so excited! You both look great and like you had a lot of well deserved fun.

Alicia L. said...

Oh it's fun it see these pictures! I'm so glad you got to go. What a trip. And Kara you look amazing. You always do...

Jessica B Photography said...

Lucky!!! We did Dunn's River too, on our honeymoon, and swimming with the sting rays in Grand Caymen, and horseback riding in Cozumel. No Haiti for us though. But it's been 6 years since then. I'd like to go on another cruise too!! I love the lazyness it inspires and of course the food - fine dining + 24 hr buffet & pizza bar & ice cream.

s g said...

what a fun trip!! I am so glad you guys enjoyed yourselves to the fullest extent! I seriously understand why my parents always took at least one vacation ALONE every year...it is awesome.
sara

Jill said...

Okay, I'm living in the wrong place! Don't get me wrong, I love Idaho, but wow, look what's at your backdoor! I am dying to go on a cruise! Our ten year is in 2 years...maybe we'll shoot for that! And you do look amazing...what's your secret? Glad you're having so much fun. And I would NEVER pass up a chance at DC! :)

Katie said...

SOO Awesome! You guys are amazing and deserve every minute of that cruise. We love you!

WendyJ said...

Wow, I'm totally jealous! Looks like you had an amazing time, and how nice not to have to worry about the kids.

Jeanne Lewis said...

I wish I looked that good in a bikini.