Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Philly

We spent a day in Philadelphia soaking in some sun and the historical sites. True to form, the boys loved chasing the pigeons better than the Liberty Bell or Independence Hall.


The Liberty Bell

Idependence Hall

The hot sun, need of a nap, and grown-up buildings didn't make my boys feel like smiling for any pictures.

Chasing birds to the rescue. The day wasn't a total waste for the boys- they got to run in circles and chase birds- a good day for them!

We stopped in Lancaster, PA (Amish country) on the way home. Watching them harvest hay was unbelievable. Jordan really wanted to take pictures, but I wouldn't let him. Just imagine harvest time in the 1800's- same dress and machines. Such a different life we live.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

And thank goodness(we live a different life now than in the 1800s)! I wouldn't have survived a nano-second. How neat to live in history-laden country. I'm glad you're taking advantage of it while you have the chance. Makes me want to make a mighty trek back East to see all the sights!

Hillary said...

How fun to live so close to all of those historical sights! Sounds like you are making some fun summer memories.

Jessica and Chris said...

Did you get a cheesesteak sandwich out of one of those street vendor carts? Mmmmm, delicious.... You are the vacationingest family I know. Can I come next time?