Friday, February 6, 2009

Worth the Wait!

The boys have been saving their money (with lots of help from family) for just over two years. We always knew it was a "Mickey Mouse House" fund, but only in the last year did we decide to make the leap before leaving NY. The boys worked really hard- we have added many gross, dirty pennies found in a parking lot to the fund. So, the day after Christmas, we let them open up their bank and count the money. I'll admit, I was impressed!
The last week of January found us escaping yukky cold Rochester for a week in sunny warm Florida. Can I just say, I would worship the sun if Icould! It honestly makes my soul happy. We were lucky enough to have Grandma and Grandpa Higham come as well; they too make my soul happy.

I know the boys may not always have true memories of WDW, but right now it's all they can talk about. I constantly hear about this ride or meeting this character, and I love how their faces still light up when they talk about it. Besides, in 15-20 years, they'll have the implanted memories from their scrapbooks to carry them through. It was a great trip, and I feel strengthened to survive the rest of this artic winter that is devoid of real heat producing sun.

9 comments:

Auburn said...

so stinkin' fun! I can't wait to take our kids someday!

Brittany said...

Fun! You guys are so so good at making time for fun things--big or small!

Thanks for posting about your trip--I loved being there with you through your pics.

Jill said...

Fun! I love the sun, too. So much happiness in the sun. I LOVE the pictures! I can't believe how big your boys are getting.

Jen N Shane said...

Wow, The Magic. You have a truly great family!It's easy to see the wonder in the Boy's eyes! They are so cute.

Staley Family said...

I am so jealous. My husband says we will never go to Disney World since we have Disneyland so close. We too have a change bucket that Cameron is saving all his loose change in for another Disneyland trip.

Andrea said...

Am I a horrible person because I let the fact that I HATE Disneyland/world deter me from taking my kids? I know. Someday we need to do it, we just keep putting it off. My husband's grandma lives a few hours from Disneyworld, so we need to get out there for a visit/Disneyfest. Good idea to go in the dead of winter to lift your spirits! I miss the sun!

Shelly said...

I heard you guys had such a fun trip! I am so jealous. We hope to take Hannah in a couple of years when she is a little older. Also, I am so impressed with their money stash!!

Cailean said...

What patient kids and what a FUN trip! The warm sun sure sounds good about now too! Your boys look like they are great friends. And you all look so great!! :)

cat said...

you DO look beautiful!
how fun for you guys - even just the weather *sigh*.