Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Finally 3!

Henry has not liked still being two when Hunter gets to be four, so he's been waiting for weeks to turn three. Jordan had some out of town business, so we actually postponed Henry's birthday a few days (you can still get away with things like that when your child doesn't fully understand the calendar). But yesterday was the day! And in Henry's world, you can do or have anything when you're three. Pizza and games at Chucky Cheese for me- because I'm three! A CARS cake it had to be- because I'm three.

Daddy said the candle would taste yummy. I didn't know he was just teasing me- I am only three.

Henry has grown and learned so much in the past year that it astounds me. He is my handsome prince and I love that he loves with reckless abandon; he gives loves and kisses like nobodies business. He may look/act exactly like his daddy, but at heart he is his Mama's boy! We're so proud of our little one- Happy Birthday Henry.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Wow! Happy Birthday, Henry! I loved the way you worded your post and your Cars cake was great!

How fair is it that our husband's got to see each other when we're technically the ones who are friends?

Sigh. Hope to see you soon.
:)

The French Family said...

Happy B-day Henry! I can't believe how old he is now. We really need to see you guys! when are you headed back this way?

Cailean said...

Wow they look like twins in that first picture! So hard to believe he is three now! What a big boy :) And I know what you mean - Elijah is always immediately thinking about the NEXT age he'll be...even right after his birthday!

Jill said...

That's funny about the candle. Yuck! Gosh, it's hard to believe he's 3!

Jen N Shane said...

Growing up to fast! I was just there and he turned 2. Miss you guys so much!They are so adorable. Just 5 more months? Happy Birthday HENRY!
Love You!

Dave said...

Time goes by so fast. They are so cute, and they do remind me a lot of Jordan. I can not believe you are almost done with school. Congrats. I am so excited for you all.
If you love the sun you should come here and visit.
Chrystal

Matt, Kistine, and Alexa Uffens said...

Happy Birthday Henry! Yeah! I bet WDW was a blast! I would love to do that too...and what a nice break from the winter. I still laugh and think about your post about the little sticky ball things (don't know what they are called). That just amazes me. Hey did you ever figure out what was up with Jordan's email address?

Katie Lee said...

your kids are so big. It seems like just yesterday you told me you were pregnant with your first... boy how time flies. I certainly do miss seeing you and your family. You really were such a great example to me in a time when my life was a little shaky. Thank you for your example and friendship. We love and miss you!