Sunday, January 11, 2009

Winter in our World

The New Year found us on a fabulous sled hill with some great friends. We went to the same hill last year, but it was tons better this year. It was warmer, the wind was calm, and both boys could walk back up the hill by themselves this time. It was a great outing.But when Henry's done, he's done.A recent playdate graced us with the fun of an inside "snow storm". It's amazing the amount of little clingy bead things are in about half of a large bean bag. It's even more amazing the mess two four year olds and an almost three year old can do in about 30 minutes of un-visually observed playtime. (My friend and I were upstairs chatting while the boys played in the basement.) A perfect example of why we need to visually check on our kids, not just always trust their verbal answer of "We're just playing".
Oh well, nothing an extra four hours with a borrowed shop vac and a batch of blueberry muffins (for the shopvac owners- our apartment maintance crew) didn't fix. Gotta love the winter time!

10 comments:

Auburn said...

OH MY GOODNESS. That is hilarious. FOUR hours seems quite short to get that insane mess cleaned up!!

Andrea said...

I almost had a panic attack when I saw that mess! I HATE those styrofoam beads. They stick to everything, and you can never be rid of them it seems. Yikes!

Jill said...

OH MY GOSH. That rivals Landon's paper shredder incident.

I have a funny story about those beads....me, Tyler, fat babysitter, jumping off of the steps....well, you get the picture. Funny thing is, she tried to SEW up the bean bag (which was faux leather if I remember right) and tried not to let my parents know! Then me and Tyler took the blame after she had been taken home!
Bless your sons for being as naughty as mine!!!

Cailean said...

I can't even believe that - I would have been speechless for at least an hour. WOW!!! I bet you'll be finding those things around for years :)

Matt, Kistine, and Alexa Uffens said...

NO WAY!!!!! Ok, so I just learned a valuable lesson! Thanks Kara!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh! Where to even begin to clean up! That is amazing. I'll bet you're still finding those little things in places. As my husband always says after moments like that happen, "Well, now you have a story to tell." And now I'll add "and a blog post!" My sister's daughter and her cousin were playing unvisually supervised one day and they cut off each other's hair. Not quite as big of a mess, but it took some time to "fix" the problem. The cousin had no bangs -at all- and my neice had some major layering going on in the back of her hair. I don't know who was more mortified: my sister about what her daughter did to her cousin or her sister-in-law for how her daughter looked with no bangs. We're laughing now but we all had a little cry for that poor girl. Oh the things kids do!

Katie Lee said...

Look at all that snow! There is like no snow here... in the middle of january! Crazy... and I thought Idaho was the coldest snowiest place ever! :D we miss you!

Jessica B Photography said...

This is my third time looking at these pictures and, boy, am I glad it was you and not me. Ok, not glad that it WAS you, more glad that it was NOT me!!

Jill's comment is funny.

Jessica B Photography said...

http://www.katelphotography.com/blog/

Leave a comment & win a portrait session. Hurry!

Anna said...

Yes,yes! Please come visit! There is always room for my Henry and his family!