Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fuel Cell Festival

We are lucky enough to have a cousin of Jordan's living about 30 minutes away. Several times in the past year we have found ourselves at Tiffany's house for various fun and creative activities. This woman is seriously one of the most creative party planners I've come across. Kent, Tiffany's husband, works for GM; he designs and builds fuel cells. What is a fuel cell you ask? A fuel cell converts the chemicals hydrogen and oxygen into water. That's the most basic description I could find. It's all way above my head. Their web site does a pretty good job of dumbing it down for my less than chemistry minded mind, but anyway, fuel cells power the new Chevrolet Equinox Fuel Cell vehicle. The really important thing is we got to drive a car that isn't even for sale yet. Just a little something to brighten my night.
Just a side note: Yes, Jordan is wearing short sleeves, shorts, and flip-flops. It's still a little like summer here. Not bragging, just being thankful for global warming while testing out a Green vehicle.While we waited to drive this bad boy; we got to build these bad boys!
The boys loved building gourd people and frosting sugar cookies. It was a great evening. I even felt inspired to look up fall crafts today. Not inspired enough to actually make anything- I'm building up to that.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Now if GM could just figure out how to make a car decent looking...we'd all be happy. Sorry if you like GM - I am VERY opinionated about cars. Anyway, how fun to have fall festivities! Not to mention nice weather! I think I could get into fall crafts if the weather was nice. As it it, all I want to do is curl up and drink hot chocolate.

Higham Family said...

I not really so picky about cars. Mostly I just need it to be cost efficient and not too big to park in tight spots. Since the Fuel Cell would cost more than a house, practice, and student loan payments, it gets crossed off the list real fast.

Jessica B Photography said...

There are quite a few of those electric smart cars running around my town. You know the egg shaped golf cart things? Ok they may not be official "Smart Cars" because I did see Mercedes Bens had one out, but yeah, I see people driving them all the time. Which would be really smart to have one to just run to the grocery store or drop the kids off at school, and only use the real car to drive into Henderson ro Vegas. Now if only they made a golf cart big enough to hold a family my size.... (and we're not even that "big" of a family!!!)

Nice crafts! Can't wait for this year's gingerbread houses.

cat said...

first off, what a fun autumn camping trip, the pictures you took are beautiful!
love that car
the gourd people - seriously CUTE!

Bunnell's said...

Kara...I found your blog from Brent and Jill Adams...It is good to see you. What a cute family. WoW! New York how fun. We lived in Alabama for a while and I miss it! I hope you don't mind that I peeked in on your fam...CUTENESS!

Nikki (Harris) Bunnell

Matt, Kistine, and Alexa Uffens said...

Jordan and Kara,
Hey, you guys are having a fun fall it looks like. FYI: I got an email from Jordan's account obviously not from him about sending him money to England. You guys might want to check that out or change your email password or something like that. I replied to Jordan about it so you could see it too. Have a happy halloween!

Katie Lee said...

I am jealous about the weather. It's cold cold cold here in Idaho Falls (and it snowed the day my new litle bundle arrived- about 4 inches.) The snow is luckily gone, but the cold... still here. Sweet car, I'm jealous about that too!