Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Oops!

So, this is what happens when the woman tries to do the man's job.

We turned our heat on a few weeks ago, but just hadn't gotten around to taking the air conditioners out of the windows (I know, we're like the ghetto family with Christmas lights still up in May). So last week, I'm vacuuming the boys window ledges, and decide that I could probably take their a.c. out myself- "won't Jordan be proud of my independence" I think as I start to lift open the window. Not more than a millimeter later and whoosh-it disappeared. Smashed into oblivion! I wanted to cry, but the shock and disbelief was too great. Wow! Did that really just happen? Did I really just drop my babies a.c. out a second story window? Wow! Who knew it was that tricky? Jordan wasn't upset that I destroyed one of our a.c. units, but he was pretty sad that he didn't get to see my face as it disappeared out the window. I guess I should use a little more discresion when I try to do the man's jobs.

11 comments:

Cailean said...

Kara! What I think is even funnier is that you were able to stop and think to take a picture. Thank goodness no one was below! That is so something I would have done :)

Heather Jewell said...

I have nightmares about our air conditioners falling out of the windows. Everytime Sean takes them out I hop around all paranoid saying "oh" and "be careful," as I have visions of us trying to explain how we squished one of the neighborhood kids. And when I do this, Sean is like "Heather, settle down, no one has ever had one of these fall out the windows." So I just want to say thank you for giving me somewhere for Sean to go and see that yet again, I am right! Hope that you have a great Thanksgiving.

Brittany said...

Kara, oh my goodness! I'm with Jordan, I'm sorry I can't have you explain the story in person!

Wow, so lucky that no one was below. I would have done the exact same thing, but, I would have cried.

Jenny and Blake said...

Oh dear! Thank goodness everyone is okay. Kinda funny (only because I would totally do this!). Have a great Thanksgiving!

Jessica and Chris said...

Well done Kara! I am so proud of you. That is one of the funniest things ever. (And then I read all these other posts how everyone is concerned about the safety of others below and my first thought was to laugh out loud until I cried)

Katie Lee said...

hahaha!!! Kara! That is great! sounds like what I did... we bought a new house and through the stress of moving/ painting/ packing/ unpacking, and having a new house bill, I thought I would give my husband a surprise and have all the paint and trim finished by the time he got back from work on our first Monday in our new house. Unfortunately, I was watching the wall and not my feet and I stepped on our NEW STOVE! It was a glass top, and it cracked!!! I DID start crying, and an hour later as my husband came through the door I started crying even harder! But he forgave me! Don't you love great husbands? Cute story Kara!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Oh my heck! That is so hilarious! It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where they drop the air conditioner on a lady outside their window!! Glad no one was hurt!

Jessica and Chris said...

Kara, I still laugh everytime I see this picture.

Jill said...

You make me laugh! I think I would've realized the "man's job" long before I tried to rench it out of the window! I just don't do thinkgs like that!!! Our window units were all jimmy rigged with motorcycle tie-downs. Did someone say white trash?! :) I am amazed by your blog by the way. I'm just starting but it's a lot of fun. Good to see you and your oh so handsome boys!!!

Natalie Ormond said...

Kara, You made me laught so hard! I absolutely can picture the whole seen and yes, in my mind...your face is amazing! :)

Priceless Heritage said...

So funny Ka!