Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

We like Halloween. Our fun began a few weeks ago trying to come up with a costume for Jordan (mandatory for a Pediatric Dentist) that was not too hot, not too cumbersome, and kid friendly. It was a long, but successful search. More on that later.

We spent a Saturday searching for the perfect pumpkins and then carved them for family night.



Hunter wasn't crazy about touching "pumpkins guts", but both boys liked the finished product.
Our church held a carnival and "Trunk or Treat" on Tuesday. The boys mostly liked running and sliding on the gym floor in their costumes, but the candy was like some great surprise for them. On Halloween itself, they got to wear their costumes again for neighborhood trick or treating. They didn't last so long on the second round of getting treats, but it was still fun. I was surprised by the number so suckers they received, but that's the only treats they've really wanted since, so someone knew what they were doing.

So Jordan has had a couple of assistants tell him he looks like Mr. Incredible since we've been here. Seriously? Hadn't thought of that before, but now that they mention it, I see some resemblance. We searched costume shops, Halloween shops, and finally turned to our good friend e-bay. So off Jordan went to work as Mr. Incredible. We thought it was a good costume idea- so did his co-workers. Jordan won Best Costume! Always fun to win a contest. This is probably our last year with the chicken costumes. So very cute when they were little tiny guys, but three years has probably gotten us our money's worth. I'm excited to see what they'll be next year. I already have some ideas, but maybe we should take it one day at a time.







11 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Way to go Jord!!! You should have come with us!! Jonathan was just glad that he could wear something that could show off his muscles. Your boys look so cute! Halloween is the best!

Auburn said...

Oh my gosh that Mr. Incredible costume is the BEST!! He's the perfect Mr. Incredible, and who doesn't want their dentist to be, well . . . incredible??

Cailean said...

That is the cutest funniest picture of your three guys in their costumes! It's like a merging of The Incredibles and Chicken Run or something :) I'm glad you guys had a fun Halloween! I bet Jordan's patients that day will never forget it!

Anna said...

Jordan's costume was great! I bet the kids loved it. I can't believe that the chicken costumes still fit the boys! They are so cute in them. I am glad that you had a great Halloween.

Katie Lee said...

Jordan that is AWESOME!!! Great Costume! Kara, looks like you got three handsome boys on your hands, what are you going to do? Miss and love you! Hope all is well

Alicia L. said...

I'm so glad you posted a picture of Jordan. Marcus came home from school that day just bursting to tell me all about Jordan's amazing costume. And he was right. Jordan does look like Mr. Incredible. It's perfect! I love it.

Jenny and Blake said...

Jordan, Blake was so jealous of your costume! (Okay, so maybe he laughed a little, but it was only because he was so jealous). I loved it too!! Your kiddos are so cute and the pumpkins look great. I am so impressed that you can carve circles - I am a straight lines only girl! :)

Brittany said...

Hooray for the chickens! I love those costumes, I'll be sad to see them go next year . . .
And Jordan--it's already been said, but, you looked amazing! I'm not sure I'll watch that movie again without thinking of you guys.
Miss 'ya!

cat said...

LOVE the costumes. the chickens are the cutest things ever, and jordan rocks!!!

Priceless Heritage said...

Cutest ever pictures! Mr. Incredible looks great! Ok- so I may totally be off on this but isn't today your Birthday Ka? If so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!

Lisa said...

We would love to send you a Christmas card. Please email us your address when you can!
samlisajosie@yahoo.com
Lisa Linford