Sunday, August 19, 2007

Is this Heaven? No, it's Whipple Park!

So, we are finally settled in to our Real New York Home. The boys think it's a little slice of heaven; playground ten steps out the front door, huge sandbox around the corner, always friends to play with, and never a dull moment. We are very pleased with our decision to live in Graduate housing while here in Rochester.

Henry has a new nickname- "Naughty Naughty". Our angel baby has developed his own little defiant personality. Most of the time he'll look at me to make sure I know he's about to be naughty and then laugh and rush all the more when I tell him no. He's pretty much perfected the "No" face. It makes me laugh every time
Hunter just runs non-stop. From the time he wakes up until we wrestle him into the bath at night (sometimes he settles in for a nap) he loves to play with his friends and all the communal toys. We are in a good place.

Jordan is enjoying work- it started out pretty slow, but now they keep him pretty busy and he is confident that he can do this for a living. Good thing- I don't want to start over now. I am not the dedicated wife that those supporting husbands working towards a PhD are; I need an end date. So many families here are in PhD programs that could take anywhere from 4 to 8 years, they really don't know how long the process will take. I'm thankful Jordan is Dental, not PhD.
We're pretty excited for the next few weeks- a couple of really great weekend trips- the Little League World Series and Boston.

3 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Sounds like you guys are having such a good time. Was that the infamous lawnmower in the front picture?-I think that is so cute. We have been watching a ton of Little League on TV-how fun to go! It's so good to see your CUTE kids!!

s g said...

looks like so much fun!! I am sure your kids are enjoying all the action...kara, you are putting in 6 years of supporting Jordan...don't minimize that!! you are doing your time and you will reap the rewards :) fun to see your cute kids!

Auburn said...

Fun fun! I'm jealous of the communal toys. That's great - he can never get bored with "his" toys now ;o) What fun, a trip to Boston! I'm jealous, Dave and I have been dying to go, but have never made it over there. And, I'm glad to hear that Jordan is enjoying being Dr. Higham. The end will come soon!